Monday, January 7, 2008

having faith....?????

first off let me start this blog off by saying happy new year....!!!! i just got done watching lsu beat my buckeyes (very sad ). i did realize something about myself in the last 3 or 4hrs. what i learned was im getting better. getting better at not storing my faith into earthly things... for the longest time a have loved the ohio state buckeyes. but i realized that its just a game life isnt going to stop tommorrow b ecause ohio state lost (although if you talk to my dad he might tell you otherwise). honestly for the longest time i have put an immense amount of faith into, sports, my perception, girls, relationships... and im always just waiting for the next thing to store my faith in and let my heart get crushed... but its funny cuz lately i have been really encouraged by God that he will provide the next best thing in my life... this is a new thing for me and i pray that i will be reminded in the morning to store faith in something eternal and not something mortal? some scriputure that helped get me started on this is Romans 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "the righteous will live by faith."

your in straight jacket fashion,ryan